Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Timing, Chemistry and Conquest



Dear Past: Thanks for the lessons.  Dear Future: I'm ready.  Love, Ashley  

I'm realizing that what I'm looking for is out there. There are men who meet the qualities I'm seeking. I'm starting to think the issues are timing, chemistry, and conquests. I meet men who have everything I'm looking for but we may not have a spark or chemistry when we meet. One of us does and the other doesn't. I've met men who weren't emotionally available because of marriage or mental blocks due to a painful past. I've met men who are everything I need and the chemistry is there for both BUT they simply aren't ready to settle right now. Everything has to line up perfectly for it to work and that is a challenge. I refuse to settle until I know everything is in perfect alignment. This will happen when it happens. Someone recently told me about the "Red String Theory". That two people are connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soul mates or a destined flame. I found that very romantic and hopeful. I've always used the term "Hopeless Romantic" but there is nothing hopeless about romance. Hope is what keeps us moving forward in life and thriving. When all hope is lost you are dead. You are no longer alive. I've learned enough to know what men need. Most married men that cheat will tell you they aren't appreciated at home, their wife doesn't make them feel needed/wanted, and they don't feel like a man at home. Make a man feel like he is the only man alive and respect him for being the leader and provider of the home. Appreciate him for everything he does and submit to him completely. In return he will adore you and appreciate you for that. He will do anything to hold on to that feeling. He will not want to disappoint the person who looks up to him in every way and depends on him. At the same time you offer a support role. You are his cheerleader and no matter what he does you trust his decision that it is right. Even if you doubt you follow. I feel like I'm all packed and prepared for a lifelong journey and I'm just waiting now for the destination and travel partner.