Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Satan is a Liar



I've been in a hurricane of emotions over the past 2 weeks with different things going on in my life. I don't share the negative things because I don't like breathing life into them by even acknowledging them. I give them to God and I let them go. It doesn't mean I don't find worry creeping up on me from time to time. That is something that I have dealt with and I am battling it with the truth of God's word. Logic and hindsight has taught me to guard my heart. God's word has also taught me to guard my heart...but in a different way.

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.

There is a fine line of guarding yourself and being jaded. It's hard to trust when you've been broken but I saw a post that said "God never commanded you to trust people. God commanded you to love people and trust him. Know the difference. Your joy and victory depend on it." This hit me hard. This was what I needed to see. God uses people to bless us in ways we never thought possible. People post things on social media, we hear song lyrics, we read things, someone tells us something and there it is...that sweet affirmation of what is trying to tell us. We must be always make sure we are humble and that we are listening. I have said before that God answers prayers and he guides us but sometimes his voices is as quiet as a baby's breath and sometimes it's as loud as a church bell.

It's easy to praise God when everything is amazing and we feel on top of the world but what about when we are struggling with something inside? What about when we are hurting? You see when we praise God and we share his love with others and proclaim how he has blessed us then you can rest assured that Satan is on a mission to destroy it.

The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy; I came that they may have life and live it abundantly John 10:10

You see the more we share God's love in our lives the more people want to know him and this angers Satan. We shouldn't allow that to silence us. Rather look at it as a sign that you are on the right path. If he isn't trying to attack you then you aren't a threat to him and that should make you rethink how you are living your life. I was proclaiming God's answer to my prayers. I claimed that God had sent an amazing man into my life. For a week this man and I shared the sweetest conversations and getting to know one another. We prayed for each other and felt the euphoric excitement of infatuation. I've said before that this isn't "falling in love" in spite of what people think. It is simply an emotion and happiness when something is new and exciting. It is hopeful. A few days ago the communication between he and I slowed down and I began to worry. Satan whispered his lies reminding me of how men had led me on before only to leave me standing there alone. He reminded me of the signs when they change their mind. He wanted me to analyze everything.  It's easy to see these things when you are looking at them in that way. That is why we have to look to God and remember who he is. Why would he bless me with something and allow Satan to take it from me? He wouldn't. Satan hit me hard when he reminded me of my intuition. He played on my faith and reminded me of God's discernment. I started to wonder if I needed to just step back and give this man space. I started wondering if he was afraid. I know that men can get excited and say things then retreat out of fear. All of these thoughts plagued my mind but God's truth remains. It was a verse that this man had shared with me in the beginning.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

There could be any number of reasons that communication slowed down. It could very well be the pace that God is laying on our hearts.The point is how we see things are entirely based on perspective. There are amazing things going on in our lives everyday. God's love and grace are overwhelming and those are the things we should focus on. Praise him for all he has blessed us with and all that he is. There are negative things going on all around us as well but our happiness is based on where we focus our attention. Just like Proverbs 4:23 instructs us to guard our hearts this is what it is referring to. It isn't saying to build walls. It in't saying to not let people in. It is saying to not let Satan steal that joy. Focus on God's love and blessings in spite of Satan's lies. It isn't always ok to "trust your gut" ...it is always necessary to TRUST IN GOD and his holy word.

For the Lord gives wisdom. From his mouth come knowledge and understanding Proverbs 2:6

In God whose word I praise in God I trust and am not afraid what can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4

I choose to focus on God's blessing in my life rather than Satan's lies. The fact is I am not in control of my life. God is in control. I can't control whether or not I get hurt. I can't protect my heart from being broken. When I begin to think I can step in and steer my life in the direction I think it should go is when I will fail. When I began to worry then I was telling God that I don't have faith that he is in control. I wasn't being obedient. I contemplated writing about this but I promised to be transparent with you all. In order for you to see how God moves in my life you need to see how Satan also tries to attack. You need to see that it doesn't mean I don't struggle just like you do everyday. It does mean that I have someone who loves me unconditionally and if I will follow him and hold his truths in my heart then I am equipped to battle Satan when this happens. He has no power over me because he that is within me is greater than he that is within the world.