Total Pageviews

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/15 Prayer Journal


I have been inspired to start a prayer journal. My first entry is actually relative to the one who inspired me. There are prayer journals like any other journal that can be purchased at book stores but I have decided to incorporate mine into my blog. I am doing this because you all have read my posts and followed my journey over the past couple of years and I want you to see on a more intimate level how God is moving and has always moved in my life. I think you will have a better understanding of my faith and my love for him. I think you will witness faith in action and his endless grace and mercy. He is a God of abundance and I am so very thankful.

To preface you on how a prayer journal works you begin by praying and talking to God as if he is your father/friend/closest confidant. He is in fact all of these things. You may even journal your prayer before speaking to God as a way to gather your thoughts. You will begin your prayer journal with a scripture relative to your prayer request. This isn't some sacrifice or way to make sure your prayer is answered. It is to reference God's word to your needs. You then begin by thanking him for all he is and all he has done for you. You count your blessings and praise him. Think of how you would feel if someone is constantly asking of you yet they never show appreciation or gratitude. You then tell God in detail what it is you are wanting. You then conclude the journal by thanking him in advance for what you have requested. You are acknowledging who he is and putting your faith in action by expecting that he has answered your prayer. If your heart is in the right place and it is according to God's will then he will answer your prayers in his own timing. This could be instantly or could be years from now but faith is essential. When my son asks me for new shoes then of course I determine whether or not he needs new shoes at the moment. I know he will eventually need new shoes regardless so his request may be granted immediately or it may be on hold until I know he's ready for them. I tell him yes and he is "expecting" them and is excited about receiving them. This is how we too should approach God with our prayers.

10/26/2015

Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Genesis 2:18

Father I come to you with thanksgiving in my heart. I thank you for my mother's salvation. I am thankful that I will witness her baptism this Sunday and my boys will see the joy on her face as she publicly declares her love for you. I am thankful for my children and the joy that they bring to me. I thank you for blessing me with them. I am so very thankful for my career and the wonderful boss and coworkers that I have. It is a place that is family friendly and caring. I want to thank you for my family who is so supportive and encouraging and I want to thank you for my friends who pray for me, with me and encourage me as well. I am thankful for the weight that I have lost bringing me closer to my body goals and a healthier lifestyle. I know that my body is your temple and I want to be the best person that I can be so that you may be gloried in all that I accomplish. Father I know I can do nothing without you.

Father tonight I thank you for bringing JJ into my life. I ask that you bless what we have begun so that our focus remains on you and your will in our lives. Father I ask for discernment and guidance to keep things at a healthy pace so that we establish a foundation of friendship and a bond that cannot be broken. I know that Mark 10:9 tells me that whatever your bring together let no man separate. I know that if we keep you at the center of our relationship that we cannot fail. I use the term relationship in a generic sense. Dear Lord everything is so new and we both love you with all of our hearts. I began this with fear in my heart because of my past and I refused to allow doubt to rob me of my blessing. Some may say "just to be on the safe side keep your guard up" but I reflect on how I am to pray and my faith. I have faith that God has answered my prayers for a devout Christian man to love me. I am worthy of such love. I am worthy of such happiness. I don't have to doubt or fear. There is risk in anything we do but faith is stepping over fear and saying I claim this blessing and I will live with expectancy. He is the answer to my prayers and the peace that I feel in my heart is exactly what I knew I would feel the day he came along. I was moved to tears on my drive home today because I couldn't find words to describe this feeling inside. When God answers you will know. Sometimes its as quiet as your breath and other times its as loud as a church bell.

I thank you again Father for answering my prayers and blessing me with a man who has amazed me with his love for you. I look forward to growing this relationship to be everything you have designed it to be. You are a God of abundance. You not only meet our needs but you exceed our expectations so that others may see your good works and long to know you as we do. May our relationship glorify all that you are and be a love story that will plant seeds in the lives of others just like the story of Ruth and Boaz. This is me father acting on faith and claiming my blessing. I love you with all that I am and all that you are. Your grace is always enough.

AMEN.