Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Moon Flower




You know it's so funny to me how I want love and I seek love but when I find it I seem to run from it. "They" say when it's right I wont want to run. I think "they" are right. I am content with my life alone but the night haunts me.

I have recently compared myself to a wild animal. You have to slowly earn it's trust. Be patient yet persistent and it will come on its own terms when it's ready. Don't give up just continuously show it love and be gentle. It will eventually submit.

 Have you ever heard of the Moon flower? Moon flowers bloom only in moonlight. These are beautiful pink or white flowers. The flowers quickly open at night and last the entire night. They close when the sunlight touches their petals. How beautiful is that? To know that they reveal all of their glory while we are sound asleep in our beds. When the world is tucked away the flower blossoms to take in the world by the light of the moon.

I am just the same. My thoughts ramble at night. My heart is wild and raw at night. I do my writing at night. Words come to me like storms in my mind until I toss and turn. It is because my heart is nocturnal. It needs to be held in the night. When the sun shines through the curtains I am ok to be alone again. I am happy with my daily routine. I am who I have to be every single day but as the sun sets and the moon beams through my window it seems that my heart smiles. It blossoms. I am in full glory just like the moon flower. You see just like the moon and the flower...part of me is always hidden as well.