Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Just get to me



“Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?” -Nicholas Sparks

When I think about "The One" I'm not picturing a bed of roses and dinners by candlelight. I'm thinking of doing the most ordinary things in life with the most extraordinary person in it. I picture waking up in the morning and kissing his face. I warm his towel in the dryer before he steps out of the shower so he's warm. I hear him pick on my messy morning hair as I'm brushing my teeth trying not to smile. I think of sweet texts to send him throughout the day so he knows that he's coming home to a woman who cant wait to kiss his lips and feel his arms. I see us dancing in the kitchen and cooking simple meals together. We discuss our day and laugh at the kids. As he tells me funny stories he's heard at work I'm somewhere lost in his eyes. We cuddle on the couch and argue over the TV playfully. He lays his head in my lap and I run my fingers through his hair. We go to bed and make love. I scratch his back just the way he likes while watching the ripples of chill bumps surface all over his body. I say my prayers at night counting my blessings and thanking the Lord above for sending such a man into our lives. We wake the next morning and the simplicity of this love is renewed once again. Just when I think I can't love him any deeper he smiles at me and says my name like only he can and I find my heart falling all over again. I know you're out there. I know you're lonely. You're so tired of the games and dating and the endless disappointments. You're beginning to doubt if I exist but I'm shouting through the heavens s that angels whisper in your ear that I'm right here. I'm right here waiting for you. I don't care how you get to me just get to me. Until then I love you and I can't wait to meet you and spend the rest of my life making up for all this time we are presently losing.