Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Who knew it could still be broken?


 
“She remembered the day vividly, for how can you forget the day your heart is broken? The funny thing about a broken heart is that it's not fatal. Though you wish in vain that it were, life continues on and you have no choice but to continue on with it. You take the hand that fate has dealt you and you press forward because there is nothing else that can be done.”
― Tracy Winegar
 
I should have learned that promises are just words like everything else and with no actions to support them or no integrity to back them they are pointless. Never allow someone to promise that they will never hurt you or break your heart. It cuts deeper when they do. I know what I want in my life and for once I was closer to it than I have ever been and those feelings were reciprocated. Just when I made my mind up I felt the distance and he changed his mind. I don’t know why I expected falling wouldn’t hurt when I finally hit the ground but hey this is why I had trust issues to begin with. I should have trusted my gut instinct and ran when I had the chance. I didn’t though. I chanced it and got hurt. I’m familiar with the feeling though. Its something my heart has grown accustomed to. As the tears fall I hope they drain the pain from my heart too because its been a while since I felt this broken inside. Every time it happens I don’t blame the man. I blame myself for being a fool.