Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nicholas Sparks Quotes

My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. I've read all of his books and he captures the very idea of love that I seek. He inspires me to pursue Great Love and I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes from his books. Keep in mind I could go on and on with them but I selected these to share for now. I think they help you understand the things that stick out to me. These quotes mean something to me and I have related to all of them at some point.


“Dreams are always crushing when they don't come true. But it's the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You're always close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and it's enough to break your heart.” –Nicholas Sparks, Three Weeks with My Brother

 

“The saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last.”- Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

 

“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it...” –Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

 

“She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people...” –Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One

 

“There are moments when i wish i could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but i have a feeling that if i did, the joy would be gone as well. So i take the memories as they come, accepting them all, letting them guide me whenever i can.” –Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

 

“She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance, perhaps, or maybe quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps something as simple as not being second.”
-Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

 

“Yes, I decided, a man can truly change. The events of the past year have taught me much about myself, and a few universal truths. I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I've often overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could do in a year. But most of all, I learned that it's possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there's been a lifetime of disappointment between them.” –Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding


“Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?” –Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

 

“There are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes they gust with the fury of a hurricane, sometimes they barely fan one’s cheek. But the winds cannot be denied, bringing as they often do a future that is impossible to ignore.” –Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

 

“I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you.”- Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

 

“But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.” –Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding