Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Moby Dick


 
 
“It is the easiest thing in the world for a man to look as if he had a great secret in him.”
―Herman Melville, Moby Dick
 
You’ll never know how often I look into your eyes searching for the story they tell. Your crooked grin is alluring. Your body is chiseled so perfectly but it’s your face and the adorable forehead wrinkle I can’t seem to forget. You’ve taught me so much in this short time we’ve conversed. I can’t help but wonder why you hide behind your cold demeanor. You once said you were a monster. I don’t see it. I see a confident and intelligent man who commands respect with just his presence. I could sit and listen to you talk all day just to hear the stories you’d tell and ideas you share. I want to know more and more each time. You are a fountain of beautiful knowledge. Your blunt wisdom doesn’t hurt me. I usually feel a sting when I’m corrected but with you I just listen.  Truth is you can’t teach anyone.  You can make them think.  It may be common knowledge to you.  I somehow feel you are superior to me. I have never met someone other than my grandfather that I have respected in such a way. I’ll never tell you these things. I simply want to remember them should you ever go away. The thing is with you I knew from the door what it was.  You never lied or tried to deceive me in anyway and for that I am grateful. I am simply blessed to have met you thus far. You inspire me to learn from my mistakes and grow. I am completely intrigued by you and I think you should know just how amazing you really are if you don’t already know. I don’t care about your past or what you label yourself as. I care about you as a person and how you treat me. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. The day may come when you no longer wish to be my friend and it will surely break my heart. I will be ever thankful that you were there for me to guide me when you did.