Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

Gumption

I feel like I'm finding myself again. I feel that for once in a very long time I'm smiling.  It's been a long time coming and for that I'm grateful.  For so long I cried myself to sleep longing for something that I couldn't quite understand.  I just knew something was missing.  I think it was my "gumption".  I've always been that wide-eyed dreamer.  I was never afraid to voice my opinion and share my concerns.  I'd tell you what I wanted and let you know what I needed.  Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost that voice.  I felt content in the mediocre lifestyle I was living.  Day in and Day out the same old routines.  Life is not meant to pass us by.  We are here to live it.  We are here for a purpose.  We are here to love.  Love has and will always be the emotion that breaks us and heals us again.  Its beautiful.  When we pause for a moment and listen to those around us we find ways we can love them.  We find ways we can help them.  We can be a blessing in so many ways.  I want to be that blessing to others.  I want to make people smile.  I want to heal their pain.  I want to be the reason they see circumstances in a whole new way.  I have my "gumption" again and it's like finding an long lost friend.