Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Anthropology's take on Romance

Lately I feel like I'm in a whirlwind of emotions.  I've met the most interesting people Ive ever encountered in my life.  People have read my blogs and reached out to me.  I've inspired both lovely and tragic things.  I feel like I'm finally finding the person I always was.  I was so pinned down in mediocrity that I couldn't fully bloom.  I was bursting at the seams. People are so interesting to read.  Some pre-judge me and act accordingly to impress me while others are completely the opposite and intrigue me. I've read and explored things that come up in conversation. Most recently was the topic of "pair bonding" by an anthropology enthusiast.  It is the most interesting subject. I'm now interested in reading about anthropology.  People float in and out of our lives for a reason and we need to grab on to that and experience it for everything its worth.  Granted some people are a disgrace to civilization even the savages.  I read in to those people too.  I like to see why people think the way they do and more often than not its a front.  We all have the same needs deep down.  Its mechanical.  We can't control anything but our actions.  Our feelings are hopeless. I feel like I've embarked on this journey to help people discover things and teach them that it's OK to feel that way. I expect to be taught along the way too.  Don't be something you aren't.  The thing is we can bond with people but we often confuse those bonds with love.  I've preached about romance. I also proclaimed to be contradicting.  I never knew how deeply contradicting I was.  Romance is the emotion and infatuation stage I talk about.  I still maintain that Love is a verb.  It is a choice to be there unconditionally for someone.  I love my children. They could do anything and I would be there to protect them. I care about their happiness over mine. It is selfless. Romance is selfish. Infatuation is selfish.  The heart wants what it wants and doesn't care about anything but that euphoria. The think is do I really want to keep digging and find out how to manipulate that? I have so much empathy for people. Its made a fool of me but I care for people. I want to help everyone and make them happy.  I then feel resentment that no one has that desire for me. I am so intrigued by this Anthropology subject on Romance and its origin.  I know that there is a reason for all this and I'm going to continue on my path until I figure it out.