Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Song Stamp

Don't you love that feeling when a song takes you back to some great moment in your life? It never ceases to make me smile when I hear the Gin Blossoms.  It never ceases to make me cry when I hear "The Reason" by Hoobastank.  This is why I want to stamp my favorite memories with songs.  I want to always have that trigger to surprise me at just the right moments.  Tonight I was driving down Highway 51 with my sunroof open (the tanning bed had me hot) and I was singing "If it makes you happy" at the top of my lungs and my right hand waving out of the sunroof! Lame? Heck Yes. Fun? Absolutely. Necessary? Whatever. It was a moment where nothing else existed but the memory of my little sister and I driving around in my new car after graduation and singing this song repeatedly because we were AWESOME. Think about "song stamping" the next best thing that happens to you and tell me how it makes you feel 10 years down the road when you hear that song again.  You're Welcome.